Wednesday 9 May 2007

And Finally, the Questionnaire

Age:- 34

Sex:- Male

What is your degree subject (both if joint):- Creative and Professional Writing, and Philosophy

Does ‘Being Bad’ relate well to the other modules you are taking?
Yes. I have done my weblog with a hint of the ‘Humour Writing’ module.

If so, how? And if not, why not?
Have you found ‘Being Bad’ too demanding, too easy, or at an appropriate level?
I have found this a lot less demanding than my other two modules this semester. I think this has the right balance.
Do you think the list of topics covered on the module was appropriate?
I think a wrap up session would be useful for the entire room to discuss other forms of ‘Being Bad’ that did not have a lecture.
Are there any topics not included in the module that you would like to see included?

Do you think that the format for classes has worked well?
Students who persitently talk throught the lecture should be asked to leave. I know its called ‘being bad’ but some students actually want to listen to the lecturer and even participate in the lecture.
What did you think of the module team?
I enjoyed the module. This type of module should be compulsary in the first year.
Do you think it would have been better to have had more:
Small group discussions?
Discussion and debate among the class as a whole?
Information and talk from lecturers?
All of the above.
The approach taken in the module is interdisciplinary (drawing on perspectives from English Literature, Film Studies, Creative Writing, Philosophy, Religious Studies, Media Studies and Politics): do you think this a useful way of approaching the topics covered in the module?
Yes. I have never studied media studies, film studies or Politics and I enjoyed that angle and even used youtube videos for my weblog (quite a lot actually).
Do you think that interdisciplinary modules are a good idea?
Yes.
Do you think you have benefited from the interdisciplinary approach taken in the module?
Yes.
Would you like to see more modules that cover this kind of subject matter?
Yes.
Are you planning to take the follow-up module PH2004 ‘It Shouldn’t Be Allowed’ at level 2?
Yes.
Would you recommend ‘Being Bad’ to a friend?
Certainly.
Do you think that the blogs (web logs) were a good idea?
Yes. I am not the most computer literate and I really enjoyed learning how to do a weblog. I do think there should be modules available to help with I.T. skills. Computers were only introduced at school in my last few years and it was only compulsary for Years 1 to 3. Therefore, I think some mature students have a lot of cathing up in this area (I know that sound a little judgmental but I include myself in that catergory).
What did you think of the other assessments (e.g. would it be better to have one longer assessment rather than two shorter ones?)?
I would have prefered two longer assignments (1,000 to 1,200 words). I feel that 600 words is not enough to fully explore the topics, especially for a creative piece of writing and a rational.
What have you learned from the module?
I am astonished by how much bad behaviour is considered cool and how many people particpiate in bad behaviour (e.g. shoplifting).
What parts of the module have you found most useful and why?
I have found the whole module interesting.
What parts do you think were a waste of time and why?
I enjoyed all the module.
Are there any other comments you wish to make regarding ‘Being Bad’?
Lectures in this module often asked information from students on Being Bad Bahaviour but never divulged any of their own. Too Bad. That would have been interesting.

No comments: