Wednesday 28 March 2007

Smoking - part 2

I have never really considered smoking as sexy before but the Being Bad lecture on smoking explained the sexy side of smoking. Ever since then I have noticed the portrayal of smoking as sexy.
Last night I watched about ten minutes of the Vicar of Dibley and the episode was the one where the Vicar is trying to go upstairs to have sex with Simon but different visitors keep popping in. Eventually Simon comes down stairs and explains to those playing scrable with the Vicar what has been going on. Once the guests have gone the Vicar is on her way upstairs and the door bell rings again. It is one of the guests who is offering her two lit up cigarrettes "for after".
Today I was walking through Wolverhampton and noticed a shop that was selling large canvas prints. One of them was of Brad Pitt smoking, another one was of Marilyn Monroe smoking and there was a third actor who I did not recognise who was also smoking.

No comments: