Monday 30 April 2007

Response 5 (Kylie - sexysuperbitch)

http://sexysuperbitch.blogspot.com/2007/03/being-too-religious.html

I totally agree with the comments made in this entry. I know people who are religious and who think that their opinion is the right one and will not even contemplate trying to understand the other person's opinion. That I can cope with because the way that I see it is that they have strong faith, although I would prefer if they would try to understand that not everything is black and white and that everyone is entitled to their belief.
Hypocracy on the otherhand is something I have difficulty understanding. I know religious people who quote the bible and promote their beliefs and they are breaking their beliefs left, right and centre. For example, someone I know is a Christian and used to go to Church every week. He complained to me once about his granddaughter living in sin with her boyfriend. Then his wife tracked this 73 year old to a hotel where he had just finished having sex with his mistress. Then it was revealed that he had several affairs over the years. He hasn't been to Church for a few months now because of the revelation. So much for his granddaughter living in sin when he himself was breaking one of the ten Commandments (though shalt not commit adultery).

No comments: