Tuesday 24 April 2007

Swearing and Bad Language






I believe that anyone should be allowed to say what they want so long as it does not offend other people. In a previous job there was a member of staff who was in early fifties who used the 'Fuck' word a lot in her sentences. Because I used to hear her it seemed very casual, normal conversation and did not offend me in the slightest. However, other people were offended and unofficial complaints were made.

In regards to myself whether I swear or not depends who I am with. For example if I know that the person will not be offended by swearing then I'll fucking state it like it is. However, if I believe that someone will be offended then I definately will avoid swearing. I do know others who will swear even when those around them are offended. Perhaps they are more truthful to their real self but I believe that you should be tactful and be considerate to the feelings of others.

What is the origin of sweraring being considered bad behaviour - probably again the influence of religion on societal values.




No comments: